PepTalk is fully committed to preserving the data privacy of all our website visitors.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we shall endeavour to use any information that you provide when using this website in accordance with this Policy. We may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. Therefore, we suggest you check this page occasionally to ensure you are aware of and are happy with any amendments.
1. Scope of Statement
This Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR"), the controller of any personal data collected from you in connection with your use of the website is Langley Resources Limited of Block 1, Ground Floor, Millbank Business Park, Lower Lucan Road, Lucan, Co. Dublin, trading as PepTalk.
2. Your rights and choices
Depending on your location and subject to applicable laws, you may have certain data protection rights. If you are a resident of the EEA or the UK you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal data, you can do so at any time.
- You can object to the processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the communications we send you. Please note, however, that it may not be possible to opt-out of certain service-related communications. You can let us know at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA and the UK are available here.
You can exercise any of these rights by submitting a request to email@example.com.
You can also exercise control over the uses of your information by opting-out. We will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of having personal data used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of our offerings. You can revoke your consent at any point by contacting us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected from you in various ways, for example:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined from your IP address and provided by your browser, the site from which you come, and the links followed when leaving our site). This information is also collected through cookies.
- When you register and voluntarily provide information in response to questionnaires or download forms, or to register for newsletters or start or contribute to petitions. (this includes your name, email address, and any other details asked for and which you provide)
- When you conduct activities on our site (for example, when you sign up to an event we record what ticket you purchased etc.) we may collect your name and contact details, details of your subscription to our services, and other information.
4. How is the information used?
- We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To supply any services purchased via the website, and to process your payments.
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services.
- Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you.
- To communicate marketing messages, newsletters and details of our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post, email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customise the website according to your interests.
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have given your consent to such disclosure. You may at any time ask us to refrain from sending you marketing messages by unsubscribing or opting out of any particular medium or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
If we contact you by email each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information of that type from us.
If you would like us to destroy the information we hold about you, please let us know. However, please note that if you use any of our services which require you to provide personal information, deleting our records may mean that you will need to resubmit it to continue using such services.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, clients and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally-identifying information.
5. Sales of the business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Cookies are text files stored on your computer, and accessible only to the websites which create them.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however, you may delete, or disable cookies. Please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you disable cookies.
Cookies: social media and search
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
We may from time to time use social media and search advertising that uses tracking pixels. These tracking pixels allow PepTalk to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. The collected data remains anonymous and PepTalk cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
However, the collected data is saved and processed by the third parties eg. Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.. The third parties may be able to connect the data with your account and use the data for their own advertising purposes (in accordance with their Data Use Policy).
Social media and search advertising may also involve the practise of remarketing. This allows us to display relevant ads based on what pages of our website you have viewed or how you interacted with other content we presented on social media. The advertising will be displayed using cookies. This cookie doesn't record any personal information or identify you personally.
Cookies: Google Analytics
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
10. Questions regarding this Statement
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed either:
- Block 1, Ground Floor,
Millbank Business Park,
Lower Lucan Road, Lucan,